Travis Taylor has over 14 years of experience in the real estate valuation industry, earning the MAI designation through the Appraisal Institute in July of 2008, and the CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member Institute) designation in October of 2012. As a state certified general appraiser, Travis’ experience includes appraisal and consulting assignments related to farm and ranch, industrial, multi-family, single-family residential subdivision, free standing retail, convenience stores, restaurants, multi-tenant strip shopping centers, hotel/motel and a wide variety of appraisal assignments related to income-producing properties, both institutional/investment grade and small commercial. Examples of special use projects include mixed-use/master-planned development, golf course, corporate retreat, dance hall, government owned/leased property, hospital, entertainment venue, parking lot, RV Park, “Man Camp” and other oilfield lodging solutions, Ice Skating Rink and Truck Stop.
In addition to numerous assignments completed in the context of litigation, Travis has also qualified as an expert witness and testified in real estate related matters.
Travis obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, with a specialization in Real Estate at Texas A&M University in December 2001. Travis also has a number of personal interests that help work/life balance. He enjoys outdoor recreational pursuits, such as hunting, fishing and any other outdoor activity. Additional interests include active membership at Oakwood Baptist Church in New Braunfels, Texas. He maintains a strong connection with the Texas A&M University Association of Former Students; with past involvement in the San Antonio Chapter. He is also a member of the Aggie Class of 2001, and the Century Club, as well as the Comal County A&M Club; where Travis’ wife, Ginger, serves as President. Travis has been involved in the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo where he served on the Rodeo Ticket Committee and on the Livestock Committee. He also served two years on the Capital Improvement Oversight Committee for the City of Cibolo, where he once lived.
Travis has devoted a considerable amount of time, not only in obtaining professional credentials, but also in the leadership capacity. He has served as an officer and member of the Board for the South Texas Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, where he currently serves as President. He is also a Regional Representative for the Chapter and a Representative at the Leadership Development Advisory Council (LDAC) for the Appraisal Institute held annually on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C in 2014, 2015 and 2016. This is a grass roots leadership “think-tank” and lobbying event on behalf of the nearly 23,000 members of the Appraisal Institute.
The following is a detail of licenses, notable credentials and offices held.
- Member, Appraisal Institute, No. 437605; July 2008
- State Certified General Appraiser; State of Texas; Certification No. TX-1334995-G; June 10, 2005
- Member, CCIM Institute, No. 20325; October 2012
- Texas Real Estate Broker’s License; No. 0549653; November 2008
- South Texas Chapter, Appraisal Institute, 2016 President, Officer and Board Member 2009 to 2015
- U40 Rotarian, Rotary Club of San Antonio; 2012 to 2015
- New Braunfels Rotary Club; 2015 to present
- Member, Aggie Real Estate Network; 2009 to present
- San Antonio/South Texas Chapter, CCIM Institute, Board of Directors, 2013 to present
- Member of National Association of Realtors, Texas Association of Realtors, San Antonio Board of Realtors and Four Rivers Association of Realtors
- Member New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce